Caitlin is 2 1/2. We were trying to hold off on getting her a big girl bed until her 3rd birthday. Didn't happen! Last Friday I decided to take the day off and sleep in and do some stuff around the house. Well sleeping in wasn't an option, I got woken up by a little girl crying and calling for her anybody. Fearful she fell or was hurt I got up and ran to her, but she was just walking around looking for me or daddy. So obviously she climbed out. I was terrified of the thought of her falling and me not hearing her. She would break something or get stuck. Yes, I know you are saying, "Oh you will hear her" My response, and what if i don't! So I got her a toddler bed. It is a cheap alternative for the time being and we can still use her crib mattress. But this is the end of my baby. I spent the weekend taking down her crib and putting up her bed. Also, we had her changing table still up, mostly for use of the shelves and I took that down. But she is so excited about her bed. She calls it her big girl bed. Everything must now be done in her big girl room or on the bed. We have a portable DVD player that she must watch movies, on the big girl bed.

My little baby is now a little big girl.

The picture to the left was my favorite when she was little with her little bum in the air! And now she is a big girl. It is so sad how fast the time goes..
No comments:
Post a Comment