Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our Cruise Vacation

Last month we went on a wonderful vacation. We went with my dad on
a cruise of the Eastern Carribean. We left out of Miami and made stops in the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Marteen.
Here we are waiting in line, somewhat patiently, to get on the boat!

Well, this is Dooley's favorite part of the cruise, the Muster Drill, or as I call it the Mustard and ketchup drill. Here are Dooley and Caitlin in their respective life jackets.
Next we visited Camp Carnival, a place where we thought Caitlin would live for most of the trip, NOPE! She wanted to hang with us.

Caitlin in front of the boat!
So excited to see the dolphins!

Our first stop was the Bahamas. Chris, Caitlin and I did the dolphin excursion. If you know me, this is something I have wanted to do forever! So Caitlin said she wanted to do it to, and finally she was free to do something! Well note to self, don't listen to a 2 1/2 year old! She FREAKED out when the dolphin trainers blew the whistle and the dolphins responded in their loud screech! But all in all it was a great experience.

Day 2 was at sea! A wonderful day at sea. I relaxed with the fam. Caitlin really wanted to go swimming so Dad and Papa took her, I couldn't take the annoying jumping children!




Day 3 - St. Thomas! All i can say is I love this island! More I love the beaches. I have never been to the resort area, but the island itself does seem a little run down, but the beaches are beautiful! Here are some pics of our day! We revisited Coki Beach, which is the same beach we went to on our honeymoon.

Caitlin singing in the rain!
SAY CHEESE!
Day 4 - St. Marteen! Again, another island I love (now if we just stopped at Aruba too!).. This island is definitly being worked on to become the next wonderful island to vacation at! Construction everywhere! But boy has the place changed in 4 years. Unfortunatly today it rained. But there were a good 5 hours in which it didn't and we were able to walk around. Poor dad, we dragged him everywhere! I love window shopping (can you say I am my mothers daughter!)..

Well the last 2 days were at sea. So needless to say I did nothing but read my book, sTori Telling, by the pool and relax! Didn't take too many pictures. But we did get a little bit of rocky weather on day 6 with Hurricane somebody, lost track of them all!

But here is my favorite picture of Caitlin from the trip. She had the camera before me and smudged the lense, but i realized it looks so cute and makes the picture look really good.


No comments: